All-on-4 – Phoenix, AZ
Replace All Your Teeth and Restore Your Smile
Traditional dental implants are a highly effective solution for missing teeth, but if you don’t want to wait several months after surgery to replace an entire arch, Dr. Reza Jafari can offer All-on-4 implants as a more efficient treatment. If you have been considering implant-retained dentures, schedule a consultation with Bell Road Dental Care today to ask whether the All-on-4 procedure is the right choice for restoring your smile.
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
All-on-4 was developed by Nobel Biocare. While dentures are sometimes supported by 6 or 8 dental implants, this procedure allows Dr. Jafari to support an entire arch with just 4 implant posts. Each post will be surgically placed in your jaw over the course of a single visit and are inserted at certain angles so that utilize the densest areas of the bone. In most cases, a temporary denture can be attached while you’re waiting for the area around the implants to heal. This way, you can enjoy a strong, healthy, beautiful smile until your permanent dentures are ready.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
One of the advantages of All-on-4 is that even patients who have already suffered from bone loss might be able to have to procedure done without needing bone grafts. This makes All-on-4 a good option to consider if you have already been wearing traditional dentures for a while and have been thinking of upgrading to dental implants.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Jafari will need to make sure you’re in good oral health before scheduling the dental implant surgery. Issues like gum disease could easily cause dental implant failure and will need to be treated first.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
- Natural Look and Function: Dental implants become a part of you, meaning they feel like real teeth and allow you to eat whatever you want. As for appearances, most observers won’t even realize that you’ve had dental work done.
- Stability: With your teeth anchored in place by implants, there’s no risk that they’ll shift or slip during the day.
- Simple Care: You can brush implant-retained dentures the way you would brush your natural teeth.
- Facial Support: The implants help you maintain a strong, healthy jawbone that helps support your facial features, helping you look younger.
- Lifespan: Your dental implants can last for 30 years or far longer if you give them proper maintenance.
All-on-4 VS Traditional Dental Implants
Many patients who can’t get traditional implants may be qualified for All-on-4 implants. This is because the procedure doesn’t require as much bone, meaning it can still work even if you have already suffered from bone loss. You’ll also be able to enjoy new teeth sooner with the All-on-4 approach thanks to the use of temporary dentures (which often aren’t a viable option if you get traditional implants instead). Finally, All-on-4 potentially reduces the number of implants needed to support your dentures, which in turn can speed up healing.